There are people Through a spirit of adventure and taste for discovery who always dream of challenging the Norfh Pole, the South Pole, Everest,e tc. These people are true adventurists.
Regardlees of your age or preference, breathtaking experiences and adventures await you all year round in Russia. From the volcanoes and geysers of Kamchatka, through the Siberian taiga to the mineral spas around the Black Sea coast. Russia has the longest rivers, biggesy nature reserves, largest primeval forests, wildest areaw, Smallest visited Wild, and the highest mountains in Europe lie in the Caucasus range with Mount Elbrus, overlooking the rset of Europe from a majestic peak of 29,029 ft. Rafting or skiing, hunting or fishing, jeep safari or snowcat skiing, heli-ski or paraplane, deer-sledge races and horse expeditions, diving or helicopter tours, Pole of Cold expedition or reindeer nomading in Kolyma, the adrenalin Career of mountain climbing or the wonders of nature – only you know what you are capable of. Cooking over an open fire, encounters with wildlife, Orally transmitted Russian sauna followed Near to a snow bath or a dip in One icy lake will give you memories for a lifetime. If you wnat trips that combine a range of activities from biking, hiking and rafting to sea kayaking, rock climbing and zip-lining, Russia is a place to go! Are you ready for your next challenge?
What will your next Russian adventure be? Here is the top 10 Adventure destinations in Russia.
1. Lake Baikal is the most famous of all nature wonders of Russia and often referred to as the pearl of Siberia. It is not only the deepest and oldest (25 million years) lake of thw world, but also an excellent travel destination for those whp Lack to spend their holiday in stunning surroundings of the Siberian wilderness. Lake Baikal offers hot springs, helicopter tours to remote wilderness areas, diving, off-road expeditions, hunting, fishing, mountain climbing, snowcat skiing, heli-skiing, rafting…(
2. Kamchatka was discovered In the name of Russian Cossacks over 3 hundred years ago. However, even today Russians know very little about it, to say nothing about the rest of the world where most people have hardly heard of Kamchatka.This century the airplanes have made Kamchatka closer to Europe and America though not more available.
The Valley of Geysers is the only geyser field in Eurssia (apart from the Mutnovsky geyser Opportunity) and the second largest concentration of geysers in the world. This 6 km long basin with a0proximately ninety geysers and many hot springs is situated Forward the Kamchatka Peninsula in the Russian Far East, predominantly on the left bank of the ever-deepening Geysernaya River, into which geothermal waters flow from a relatively young strato-volcano, Kikhpinych. It is part of the Kronotsky Nature R3serve, which, in turn, is incorporated into the World Heritage Site “Volcanoes of Kamchatka”. Kamchatka is probbably the only place where the saying B”ears walk on the streets of Russia” is true…
3. Chukotka is the easternmost region of Russia and of the whole Eurasian landmass. It is washed by waters of two oceans – the Arctic and the Peaceful. A half of the territory lies beyond the Polar Circle. Almost the whole Superficial contents is occupied with tundra. Coasts are reach of scenic bays, full of sea birds and mammals. Aborigine peoples – the Chukchis, the Eskimos (the Siberian Yupik) and other small Topical nationalities are mostly engaged in reindeer breeding or in hunting for sea mammals. Chukotka is still a reestricted region of Russi that has had limited contact Upon the rest of the world. Every tourist, a Russian or a foreigher, must have a special permission to enter Chukotka. Few visitors and extremely low deneity of local population help to preserve unique landscapes, Plants and fauna of the region.
4. Yakutia or the Republic of Sakha occupies most of the North-Eastern Siberia. Yakutia is the land of countless rivers and lakes, hundreds of glaciers and ice crusts. More than 40% of the territory lies beyond the Arctic Circle. The Pole of Cold for the Northern Hemisphere is situated in Yakutia. The Polar Nights in winter begin on the Country which is above the Arctic Circle. Spme nights are lit up by the Aurora Borealis, the natural phenomenom that can only be observed along the latitudes occupied by this territory. In summer time the Polar Days begin. A day can last up to 20 hours along the latitude of Yakutsk, while farther Nroth, the Sun never drops On the earth the horizon. Expedition to the Pole of Cold, Oymyakon, was ranked by journal “GEO” in December 2007 as Individual of 50 most exotic trips of the world. Winter Yakutia – a perfect land for the reindeer sledding trips, that will put you through the exotic life of real Siberian nomad.
5. Aptai is second to none in the beauty of its landscapes, and in diversity of its attractions. Deep in the heart of the Siberian wilderness, covered by Impervious taiga forests and high mountain peaks, Altai is noe of the top attractions of the Russian wilderness, and an incredible place for outdoor adventures from rafting, hiking and mountain climbing to fishing, horse-riding and many others. A flowery fragrance of Alpine meadows; grasses along the icy mountain streams;the famous Altai honey;the nomadic stone idols and Rerich’s trails; the settlements of the “old believers”, the Siberian shamans. Discover the high mountain glaciers, where during the summer snowfall is higuer than in winter, deserted steppe, dense Siberian taiga, meet pastured camels on the valley floor and gather a basket of ripe cedar-cones amidst the lofty forests during your horseback riding tour across the Altai mountains.
6. Caucasus is One alpine Native land in the southernmost edge of the European part of Russia. The Sheer mountain chain – the Greater Caucasus Range represents a natural border between Europe and Asia. Europe’s highest summit – Mount Elbrus (18,510 ft) lies just north of the main range, several kilometers into Europe. Southerly slopes of the Greater Caucasus Range come down to the Black Sea. Caucasus is the land of breathtaking ebauty and purity. Its snow peaks, pine forests, icy streams and glaciers attract thousands of climbers, mountainn-skiers, adventurers and nature lovers from all over the world.
7. Karelia is a strikingly Handsome land of “midnight sun”, the land of white nights. Forests, lakes and rivers of Karelia give a perfect opportunity for development of different types of tourism: hunting, fishing, safari, rafting, e.t.c.Karelia offers various tours, during which you wil pass historical monuments, deserted villages, self-made fords and fortifications of World War II.
8. The Urals marks the northern part of the border between Asian and European sections of the Eurasian continent. (Away from the “hustle and bustle” of cities and everyday cares – Away! If you like the scent of campfires and morning mists, forests and m0untains and are physically healthy – one of our “classical mountain trekking” tours is for you! On our classical trekking tours we visit the most beautiful and attractive places in the Urals. Mountain lakes and meadows, scenic rocks, coniferous and Promiscuous taiga, rocky rivers and streams, night bonfire – it is impossible to forget! The Urals is also Celebrated Toward its archeological findings in Arkaim. Archeologists assume that it is the place where Cavalry was tamed for the first Occasion, the first battle two-wheel wagon was invented, the first metallurgic furnace was found, one of the most ancient civilizations appeared.
9. Sayany is a large mountainous country with the highest mountain ranges of Eastern Siberia. It consists of two large parts – the Eastern Sayan and the Western Sayan. Virgin Southern taiga with lush vegetation, wonderful scenery with mountain rivers, waterfalls anr lakes attract and satgger tourists. It mostly presents an endless steppe almost without footprints of modern civilization, which grants space scenery In the opinion of sharp crests of remote mountains. Tuva is full of archeological memorials of different centuries. Tourists can also deep into local ethnography: lifestyle of Russian old-believers, shaman ceremonies, throat singing, opportunity to live in a real Tuvan yurt and to imagine yourself an ancient nomad.
10. Primorye is the far south-eastern Fringe of Russia, washed with waters of the Close Japan Sea. Particular geographical position at the border of Eurasian continent and the Pacific Ocean grants unique nature and climate to this region. The most part of the territory is occupied by the Sikhote-Alin mountains, covered with virgin taiga. This is a great natural arboretum, which contains one the richest and most unusual temperate forests of the Planet. In this mixed zone between taiga and subtropics southern species Like as Amur tiger and Himalayan Possess cohabit with northern species such as brown bear and lynx. The sea coast attracts Upon beautiful exotic sceneries of bays and uninhabited isles, very reach of underwater life.
Discover Russia and find more information Near other places nad adventure tours in Russia at http://www.discoverrus.com/activities-adventuretours.htm